Saturday, June 21, 2014

Officially, the sun set last night about 1 a.m. I don't believe it ever set... certainly it never got dark.
Sitting in Dawson hotel room this a.m. listening to the rain. Not good. The "highway" between here and Tok, reconnecting me with the Alaska Hwy, includes 80 or so miles of gravel/mud and it's the consistency of grease when wet.
AccuWeather says sunshine coming, but...

Yesterday I visited both the Robert Service cabin and the Jack London center. I knew far less about both than I realized.  I'm going to have to read more when I get home.

The Dust2Dawson not-a-rally was as expected. Lots of motorcyclists, including some who ride a LOT. At my table was a woman who last year completed an iron butt rally -- she touched all lower 48 states in 10.5 days.

Local volunteer fire department grilled steaks for all 200 or so who were present. Door prizes,  motorcycle skill games and such occupied the schedule until time for the group photo,  outdoors, natural light at midnight.
In a bit, i'll upload some pics from yesterday's sight-seeing in town.





No comments:

Post a Comment