Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Adding coal to the boiler, building a head of steam.
All the shopping is done. The bags are loaded and last night I strapped everything all in position. It fits. It's balanced. And it feels secure. Most of the additional weight is in the side cases and down low.
The first day is pretty much a straight, paved shot to Raton, NM... a low-risk opportunity to make sure everything stays in its place.
Today I'll visit with Verizon about ways to control phone costs in Canada. (Accomplished. You can get 1000 minutes of talk and 100 mb of data for use in Canada/Mexico for $40 per month. 100 mb isn't a lot -- WiFi has become very important.)

Fewer than 48 hours to go.

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe journey. I will be following you. I am heading that way from Baytown on July 7th. I had a failed try back in 2011. Made it to Baniff then had to head east to Michigan for family business.

    ReplyDelete