Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday

Beautiful ride today through lush western Montana. (Except for Browning. That town just feels mean-spirited.)
The trip down 89 from the Piegan border crossing
featured a long-legged, adolescent -- I believe-- black bear high-stepping across the highway like Deion Sanders crossing the goal line.
I-15, heading into Helena, though an interstate is a twisting, turning, heaving jewel of a highway.  It passes through Prickly Pear Creek Canyon before dropping into the capital city.
The grass is, no exaggeration here, belly deep on the cows. Water is standing in all the low places and those with deep-ish, established marsh grass are alive with birds.

Crossed into Wyoming just ahead of bed-time. In this state. Where one of  the mottos is "always western," there's a community called Ranchester. I suppose it's like Rochester -- except western.
I admit I'm ready to be home. I'll leave early tomorrow and push hard for 2 days... should be home Sunday night unless the weather goes seriously south on me.
P.S. really, Browning, clean up.  Get the drunks out of your convenience stores, get rid of one or two of the dog packs clogging traffic. What a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment