Friday, June 20, 2014

Fairly uneventful day yesterday.  Key events included a short detour to Lake Laberge, see note below, and BumbleberryPie, see pic above.
Note:
The strangest sight I ever did see
Was the time on the Marge
Of Lake Labarge
That I cremated Sam Mcgee.

(Excerpt,  by Robert Service)

I'm in Dawson City all day today and will mark the summer solstice here tonight. In a bit I'll upload a photo I shot through my hotel room window at 1 a.m. today.
I will do laundry, wash bike, visit homes of Service and Jack London and do the Klondike mining history tour. 
Streets here are a peculiar gravel/mud/calcium chloride consistency. Rain is as messy here today as 100 years ago. Wooden sidewalks.  And cold -- 34f this morning.  Swimming is not a big sport here.

Photo at 1 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment