Thursday, June 5, 2014

How about that for a tire? Heidenau K76 -- ready for Top of the World Highway.

I have decided I'll "tent" most of the way up and back. I say tent rather than camp because I don't plan to cook in camp. I'll find a park near town or eatery, set up my tent and go get dinner... then come back to the tent for the night. I do have a room reserved 2 nights at Dawson City -- the prospect of camping with 200 other motorcyclists makes me tired -- and two nights at University of Alaska/Fairbanks. At UA/F. I can get a dorm room for $37... pretty cheap for a real mattress, shower and access to full laundry.
I bought a Eureka one-man tent, mummy bag and a Thermarest self-inflating pad. (I also learned the trick of inflating the pad with four breaths and a trash bag... pretty cool and easy peasy.)

Two hundred bucks worth of camping gear --net savings of several hundred dollars vs. motel rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment