Thursday, September 16, 2021

Montana to Oregon

 What a great couple of days.

Hwy 12 from Missoula to Lewiston is a marvel. Mile after mile beside, first, the Lochsa River, then the Selkirk and, finally, the Clearwater.

I spent Wednesday night at Powell Campground, just down the hill from Lochsa Lodge and by the river. Beautiful. But cold... Woke up to temps in the VERY low 40s.

On the road this morning, stopped in Kooskia, ID for breakfast. Back in the saddle, running through the sweepers beside the Clearwater to Lewiston.

Coffee and fuel at the Conoco next door to the world famous Waffles and More. Not today... I had 70 miles of technical riding ahead. Miles and miles of 25 mph tight turns up from Lewiston, down to the Grand Rode River and up again to Enterprise, OR, just down the road from tonight's camp.

I'm at Wallowa State Park. When I was here last year with Jeff and Terry, I promised myself I'd camp here one day. And here I am.

Also, yesterday I had lunch in Missoula with Nancy Eaton, a friend and former co-worker at The Station Mail. She and a friend were en route to Rapid City and stopped in Missoula for water pump repairs. We met up for fish tacos in (very attractive) downtown. Great visit though it seems we mostly discussed kids and the perils of getting old.

Good night. Tomorrow, yhe Willamette Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment